It seems like it's been awhile since I've written a Friday Favorites post… and that's because it has! I skipped last week, whoops! But I'm back today for a short & sweet post. You know that thing I mentioned called planning? Yeah, it's still lacking. I really, really need to plan more!!! That is on the top of my "to do" list this week ;)
I'm linking up with Fitting It All In's Friday link up!
1. I have not been loving the snow, but snow is the reality of winter here in New England. It does, however, make for some pretty pictures (and that's about it hehe)
One of my favorite juices has been orange, pineapple, apple & carrot. It is oh so yummy!
2. I worked on Super Bowl sunday, but my family enjoyed my avocado salsa immensely. Have you entered to win Salba Smart chia seeds in my current giveaway?! It ends 2/14 and is open only to the United States (sorry International friends!) You can share on social media daily for extra entries! ENTER NOW!
3. Salba Smart chia seeds are a staple in my diet. I love adding them to my smoothies. This one was delicious & I thought it was cool how much the lightening changed the colors! Recipe: strawberries, mango, pineapple, Salba Smart chia seeds soaked in 1/2c warm water for 5 minutes, kale, water to blend
The top layer has more mango & pineapple :)
4. Have you heard about the latest victory of The Food Babe Army!? If you haven't heard of The Food Babe, Vani, you are seriously missing out! She is on a mission to investigate what is really in our food. She recently launched a petition to Subway asking them to stop using a controversial ingredient, which is also used in yoga mats (see Vani's YouTube video about the ingredient here) in their bread...
Just two days after Vani wrote this blog post & asked The Food Babe Army to take action, Subway announced they would be taking the controversial ingredient out of their recipe.
It's truly amazing to see how petitions are changing the industry. We really do have a voice, we just have to use it!
5. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes...